28 July 2020
Soon the sound of rummaging through boxes will no longer just be a happy memory but a wonderful reality again
That's right, on Sunday 2nd August Ashington Toy and Collectors Fair is back and this time it is outside!
With no toy fairs running since mid-March there is a lot of pent-up demand for collectables, as David Parsons discovered when he attended one of the first car boot sales to re-open in July.
There were many toy sellers at the car boot sale, and many hungry toy buyers as well. “At this point the penny dropped” Mr Parsons told Collectors Club of Great Britain, “I thought let's try a summer toy fair outside. Yes of course it depends on the weather, but so does any outdoor antique or collectors fair. So, we decided to run an Outdoor Summer Ashington Toy and Train Collectors Fair on the 2nd August. The hall owners kindly agreed to using the grassed area as well as the tarmac car park which could accommodate up to 100 cars and we also have access to the toilets inside the hall itself.”
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions the fair organisers have altered the way they operate in order to keep social distancing. Temporary measures have implemented to enable this to happen:
· Abide by the new way of operating
· Bring and use your own PPE – gloves, mask and sanitiser
· Please do not touch anything on the stalls without the permission of the stall holders
· Keep social distancing at all times. Be alert…keep safe
· Toilets will be available inside the building
· Refreshments will not be available, please bring you own and take all rubbish away with you
Proposed future dates are 30th August 2020 and 27th September 2020. For more information, or for table bookings, please contact: David 07742 609865 or Pete 01424 846676