Could it be you?
Hornby Hobbies has announced that its looking for a new Development Manager to join its Corgi Diecast brand.
The preferred candidate will have significant experience in mould tooling and project management, including design and function, feasibility studies for possible new items, costing and negotiation.
You should be educated to HNC/D level and ideally be apprentice served in a similar industry, although candidates with a relevant degree qualification and experience in a fast moving development environment will be considered. Knowledge of our product or an interest in diecast vehicles would be a distinct advantage, as would the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. General duties will include:
- Managing the Corgi Development function;
- Managing our compliance responsibilities in conjunction with our Quality team;
- Managing our license compliance responsibility in conjunction with the licensing team;
- Liaison with suppliers on a regular basis both overseas and UK based
- Collaborative approach to working with the Purchasing team to ensure the right suppliers, and the right prices are agreed;
- Continuously enhancing our offer by watching/benchmarking the best in class competitors;
- Encouraging the development team to challenge our norms, and enhance our products versus the competition;
- Develop projects that lead to IP/Patent registration – enhancing shareholder value;
- Vigorous cost review to remove external reliance for range development or artwork development;
- Regular liaison with internal partners.
A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer depending on experience.
The role is primarily based at our Head Office in Kent, although regular travel will be required both domestically and internationally.
If you believe you fit the specification, please submit your CV indicating your salary expectations and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.