August Issue of Diecast Collector on Sale Today
• Top Model – This month featuring Autoart’s brand new Mercedes 190 SL.
• What’s New? – The latest releases reviewed.
• News – Up to date news from Model Icons, British Transport Classics, Corgi, Premium Collectables, Digby’s, Crossway Models, Lansdowne Model Club, the DTCA plus much more...
• Wings and Things – New aviation collectables.
• White Metal – New hand-built, white metal models.
• Mercedes vs Porsche – Norev’s Mercedes SL and Minichamps’ Porsche 911 go head to head.
• 50 years of the Ford Cortina – In part 4 of our in-depth celebration of the iconic Cortina, David Lynn introduces us to the motorsport and racing models produced in 1/43 scale.
• Corgi’s Heinkel ‘bubble car’ – More suited to a sci-fi film set than the British roads, Eric Bryan focuses on the ‘crazy’ Heinkel Economy Car that certainly grabbed people’s attention in the late 1950s/early 1960s.
• The Dauphine Reigns Again! – Norev, Solido, CIJ and Dinky are four famous French brands of toy cars but we show they are still around today, albeit without the ‘Made in France’ mark.
• 8-PAGE TRUCK SPECIAL The Golden Road to Arabia – Going overland from the UK to the Middle East in the 1960s to deliver goods was no mean feat and we trace the fascinating history of the so-called ‘Cola Cowboys’ and their intrepid adventures.
• Party Time at Truckfest! – Celebrating 30 years of the UK’s premier truck show.
• North Norfolk Nostalgia – Coastal collectables that inspired a personal collection.
• Matchbox Superfast 1982–83 – Concluding this two-part review of models released at the end of the Lesney era in 1982–83.
• Funfair Foden – Paul Bason shows you how to convert a diecast Corgi steam wagon using a Kingfisher Models kit.
• Vintage Model of the Month – Michael Driver spotlights another personal favourite Dinky model, this month the Austin Atlantic.
You may also like these other recent stories...
Pole position went a Dinky Toys No.220/23A trade pack of models.
Toy expert John Morgan gives us an exclusive first look at this incredible upcoming auction.
Diecast, TV and film memorabilia, model railways and lots more lined up for September.
Search Impex has announced the release of a 1/50 scale truck customised in the distinctive livery of Scottish operator Andrew Black Haulage Ltd.
Brumm and Spark have worked together to capture an iconic motorsport moment in miniature.
Brand new issue available now featuring a huge selection of iconic TV and film diecast models.